Wednesday, June 23, 2010

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 6 Text 30

yo mam pasyati sarvatra
sarvam ca mayi pasyati
tasyaham na pranasyami
sa ca me na pranasyati

yah--whoever; mam--Me; pasyati--sees; sarvatra--everywher e; sarvam--everything; ca--and; mayi--in Me; pasyati--sees; tasya--for him; aham--I; na--not; pranasyami-- am lost; sah--he; ca--also; me--to Me; na--nor; pranasyati-- is lost.

TRANSLATION

For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me.

JOURNAL:

Srila Prabhupada writes in his purport; A person in Krsna consciousness certainly sees Lord Krsna everywhere, and he sees everything in Krsna. Such a person may appear to see all separate manifestations of the material nature, but in each and every instance he is conscious of Krsna, knowing that everything is a manifestation of Krsna's energy. Nothing can exist without Krsna, and Krsna is the Lord of everything-- this is the basic principle of Krsna consciousness.

Some time in my teenage years a christian told me that a great way to go through life was to act as if everyone you meet is God in disguise. Shortly after hearing this I came across Bhagavad Gita and realized that he had given me advice not based on anything in the Bible but on something eastern. Now I know where the philosophy comes from and I pass it on to others despite there faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment