Friday, July 23, 2010

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 7 Text 5

apareyam itas tv anyam
prakrtim viddhi me param
jiva-bhutam maha-baho
yayedam dharyate jagat

apara--inferior; iyam--this; itah--besides this; tu--but; anyam--another; prakrtim--energy; viddhi--just try to understand; me--My; param--superior; jiva-bhutam- -comprising the living entities; maha-baho--O mighty-armed one; yaya--by whom; idam--this; dharyate--is utilized or exploited; jagat--the material world.

TRANSLATION

Besides these, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another, superior energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting the resources of this material, inferior nature.

JOURNAL:

Yesterday I found out that the devotees are coming into town for Harinaam Sankirtan tonight. I rarely get an opportunity like this. The temple is almost thirty miles from where I live and tonight I will only have to travel ten.

I wonder if I will know anyone? It has been some time since the devotees moved away from Portland and into Hillsboro. Of course, it doesn't really matter. I just want to hang out and sing the Lord's names with them. It sounds like a great way to spend a Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment