Saturday, April 30, 2011

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 12 Text 6-7

ye tu sarvani karmani
mayi sannyasya mat-parah
ananyenaiva yogena
mam dhyayanta upasate

tesam aham samuddharta
mrtyu-samsara-sagarat
bhavami na cirat partha
mayy avesita-cetasam

ye--those who; tu--but; sarvani--all; karmani--activities; mayi--unto Me; sannyasya--giving up; mat-parah--being attached to Me; ananyena--without division; eva--certainly; yogena--by practice of such bhakti-yoga; mam--upon Me; dhyayantah--meditating; upasate--worship; tesam--of them; aham--I; samuddharta--the deliverer; mrtyu--of death; samsara--in material existence; sagarat--from the ocean; bhavami--I become; na--not; cirat--after a long time; partha--O son of Prtha; mayi--upon Me; avesita--fixed; cetasam--of those whose minds.

TRANSLATION

But those who worship Me, giving up all their activities unto Me and being devoted to Me without deviation, engaged in devotional service and always meditating upon Me, having fixed their minds upon Me, O son of Prtha--for them I am the swift deliverer from the ocean of birth and death.

JOURNAL:

Why am I so afraid to give my all to the Lord? These days I have nothing to lose by doing so and yet I hesitate. Soon I will lose access to this computer, along with most of what I used to call my life, and be back on the road again. I could just as easily go to the nearest temple and see if they would take me as a full time devotee, but I don't. Doing so would cut all ties with my wife and son and I guess I'm just not ready to do that. Fifty one years old and still not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment