Friday, May 27, 2011

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 13 Text 15

sarvendriya-gunabhasam
sarvendriya-vivarjitam
asaktam sarva-bhrc caiva
nirgunam guna-bhoktr ca

sarva--of all; indriya--senses; guna--of the qualities; abhasam--the original source; sarva--all; indriya--senses; vivarjitam--being without; asaktam--without attachment; sarva-bhrt--the maintainer of everyone; ca--also; eva--certainly; nirgunam--without material qualities; guna-bhoktr--master of the gunas; ca--also.

TRANSLATION

The Supersoul is the original source of all senses, yet He is without senses. He is unattached, although He is the maintainer of all living beings. He transcends the modes of nature, and at the same time He is the master of all the modes of material nature.

JOURNAL:

I read this sloka and thought, "God is beyond my understanding". No one can understand Him. And so I went looking for a sloka that expressed this thought, but instead what I found was Krishna, telling Arjuna, exactly how He can be understood.

"My dear Arjuna, only by undivided devotional service can I be understood as I am, standing before you, and can thus be seen directly. Only in this way can you enter into the mysteries of My understanding." (BG 11.54)

No comments:

Post a Comment