Tuesday, May 31, 2011

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 13 Text 17

avibhaktam ca bhutesu
vibhaktam iva ca sthitam
bhuta-bhartr ca tajjneyam
grasisnu prabhavisnu ca

avibhaktam--without division; ca--also; bhutesu--in all living beings; vibhaktam--divided; iva--as if; ca--also; sthitam--situated; bhuta-bhartr--the maintainer of all living entities; ca--also; tat--that; jneyam--to be understood; grasisnu--devouring; prabhavisnu--developing; ca--also.

TRANSLATION

Although the Supersoul appears to be divided among all beings, He is never divided. He is situated as one. Although He is the maintainer of every living entity, it is to be understood that He devours and develops all.

JOURNAL:

Lately I have had a strong drive to chant the Holy Names of the Lord. I want to chant on my beads even when I should be doing something else. So, I chant under my breath while I work. I chant while riding the bus. I chant while doing the dishes. And the chanting just makes me want to chant more. All glories to the name of Krishna that soothes my soul! Hare Bol!

No comments:

Post a Comment