Thursday, November 3, 2011

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 18 Text 6

etany api tu karmani
sangam tyaktva phalani ca
kartavyaniti me partha
niscitam matam uttamam

etani--all these; api--certainly; tu--but; karmani--activities; sangam--association; tyaktva--renouncing; phalani--results; ca--also; kartavyani--should be done as duty; iti--thus; me--My; partha--O son of Prtha; niscitam--definite; matam--opinion; uttamam--the best.

TRANSLATION

All these activities should be performed without attachment or any expectation of result. They should be performed as a matter of duty, O son of Prtha. That is My final opinion.

JOURNAL:

Last Monday I started a new job. It came complete with a living wage and new challenges for me. I am, of course, looking forward to my first check, so this sloka is a timely reminder that I need to keep my eyes on the Lord while I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment