Wednesday, February 1, 2012

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 18 Text 65

man-mana bhava mad-bhakto
mad-yaji mam namaskuru
mam evaisyasi satyamte
pratijane priyo 'si me

mat-manah--thinking of Me; bhava--just become; mat-bhaktah--My devotee; mat-yaji--My worshiper;mam--untoMe; namaskuru--offer your obeisances; mam--unto Me; eva--certainly; esyasi--you will come; satyam--truly; te--to you; pratijane--I promise; priyah--dear;asi--youare;me--to Me.

TRANSLATION

Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend.

JOURNAL:

Srila Prabhupada gives us specific instructions in his purport; These words stress that one should concentrate his mind upon Krsna--the very form with two hands carrying a flute, the bluish boy with a beautiful face and peacock feathers in His hair. There are descriptions of Krsna found in the Brahma-samhita and other literatures. One should fix his mind on this original form of Godhead, Krsna. One should not even divert his attention to other forms of the Lord. The Lord has multiforms as Visnu, Narayana, Rama, Varaha, etc., but a devotee should concentrate his mind on the form that was present before Arjuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment