Monday, April 9, 2012

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 1 Text 43

utsanna-kula-dharmanam
manusyanam janardana
narake niyatam vaso
bhavatity anususruma

utsanna--spoiled; kula-dharmanam--of those who have the family traditions; manusyanam--of such men; janardana--O Krsna; narake--in hell; niyatam--always; vasah--residence; bhavati--it so becomes; iti--thus; anususruma--I have heard by disciplic succession.

TRANSLATION

O Krsna, maintainer of the people, I have heard by disciplic succession that those who destroy family traditions dwell always in hell.

JOURNAL:

Last Thanksgiving one of the traditions that I had started twenty years ago was broken. My son was not happy about it and nether was I. "Hell" might be too strong a word but, it being one of those signs, it was depressing, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment