Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 2 Text 8

na hi prapasyami mamapanudyad
yac chokam ucchosanam indriyanam
avapya bhumav asapatnam rddham
rajyam suranam api cadhipatyam

na--do not; hi--certainly; prapasyami--I see; mama--my; apanudyat--can drive away; yat--that which; sokam--lamentation; ucchosanam--drying up; indriyanam--of the senses; avapya--achieving; bhumau--on the earth; asapatnam--without rival; rddham--prosperous; rajyam--kingdom; suranam--of the demigods; api--even; ca--also; adhipatyam--supremacy.

TRANSLATION

I can find no means to drive away this grief which is drying up my senses. I will not be able to dispel it even if I win a prosperous, unrivaled kingdom on earth with sovereignty like the demigods in heaven.

JOURNAL:

Blogger has decided to change their interface. I personally find it difficult to use on my phone so, as I learn it, there may be an interruption in the daily entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment