Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fear Over Love














by Satsvarupa das Goswami

I think this is it, but
I'm not sure it sounds
like "Ornithology." *

They turn to the master
and your Higher Power (as
in Twelve Steps) will help you climb out
of the anxiety gutter.

Don't be afraid your
girl will leave you and you'll
be with God.

O God, I want You as
my lover but I don't know
if I'll ever get that far.

They say your to love to overcome fear
is through warm buckets
of water.

And be a tilaked
man who attacks
the canvas with a gentle
passion. Let the
mobiles hang gracefully
like men on Mars and Svarga
and in Yudhisthira's court.

* "Ornithology", a jazz composition by Charlie Parker.
Here is a link to hear the tune; http://archive.org/details/Ornithology

(from When the Saints Go Marching In, 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment