Monday, October 8, 2012

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 4 Text 13
catur-varnyam maya srstam
guna-karma-vibhagasah
tasya kartaram api mam
viddhy akartaram avyayam

catuh-varnyam--the four divisions of human society; maya--by Me; srstam--created; guna--of quality; karma--and work; vibhagasah--in terms of division; tasya--of that; kartaram--the father; api--although; mam--Me; viddhi--you may know; akartaram--as the nondoer; avyayam--unchangeable.

TRANSLATION

According to the three modes of material nature and the work associated with them, the four divisions of human society are created by Me. And although I am the creator of this system, you should know that I am yet the nondoer, being unchangeable.

JOURNAL:

I have been a laborer all my life. Now I am back in school studying for a "desk job" that I can do into my later years (I am over fifty). You might say I am trying to elevate myself from sudra to vaisya, just as I am trying to elevate myself from the mode of passion to the mode of goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment