Tuesday, January 15, 2013

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 6 Text 19
yatha dioo nivata-stho
nengate sopama smrta
yogino yata-cittasya
yunjato yogam atmanah

yatha--as; dipah--a lamp; nivata-sthah--in a place without wind; na--does not; ingate--waver; sa--this; upama--comparison; smrta--is considered; yoginah--of the yogi; yata-cittasya--whose mind is controlled; yunjatah--constantly engaged; yogam--in meditation; atmanah--on transcendence.

TRANSLATION

As a lamp in a windless place does not waver, so the transcendentalist, whose mind is controlled, remains always steady in his meditation on the transcendent self.

JOURNAL:

Oh, how I wish this were true for me. But my mind seems to only be under control when I am chanting; HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA, KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE, HARE RAMA HARE RAMA, RAMA RAMA HARE HARE. When I stop, my mind seems to immediately revert back to this world, this life, this body and its worries.

Please Lord, help me to stay focused on You!

No comments:

Post a Comment