Tuesday, February 5, 2013

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 11 Text 4
manyase yadi tac chakyam
maya drastum iti prabho
yogesvara tato me tvam-
darsayatmanam avyayam

manyase--You think; yadi--if; tat--that; sakyam--is able; maya--by me; drastum--to be seen; iti--thus; prabho--O Lord; yoga-isvara--O Lord of all mystic power; tatah--then; me--unto me; tvam--You; darsaya--show; atmanam--Your Self; avyayam--eternal.

TRANSLATION

If You think that I am able to behold Your cosmic form, O my Lord, O master of all mystic power, then kindly show me that unlimited universal Self.

JOURNAL:

Srila Prabhupada opens his purport on this sloka by stating; It is said that one can neither see, hear, understand nor perceive the Supreme Lord, Krsna, by the material senses. But if one is engaged in loving transcendental service to the Lord from the beginning, then one can see the Lord by revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment