Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 11 Text 32
sri-bhagavan uvaca
kalo 'smi loka-ksaya-krt pravrddho
lokan samahartum iha pravrttah
rte 'pi tvam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye 'vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah

sri-bhagavan uvaca--the Personality of Godhead said; kalah--time; asmi--I am; loka--of the worlds; ksaya-krt--the destroyer; pravrddhah--great; lokan--all people; samahartum--in destroying; iha--in this world; pravrttah--engaged; rte--without, except for; api--even; tvam--you; na--never; bhavisyanti--will be; sarve--all; ye--who; avasthitah--situated; prati-anikesu--on the opposite sides; yodhah--the soldiers.

TRANSLATION

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Time I am, the great destroyer of the worlds, and I have come here to destroy all people. With the exception of you [the Pandavas], all the soldiers here on both sides will be slain.

JOURNAL:

In his purport Srila Prabhupada writes; As stated in the Katha Upanisad (1.2.25),

yasya brahma ca ksatram ca
ubhe bhavata odanah
mrtyur yasyopasecanam
ka ittha veda yatra sah

Eventually all the brahmanas, ksatriyas and everyone else are devoured like a meal by the Supreme. This form of the Supreme Lord is the all-devouring giant, and here Krsna presents Himself in that form of all-devouring time.

We all grow old. For the first time in my life I have tendonitis. I may not be able to do the work I have done for thirty-five years. It scares me but I trust the Lord will sustain me until my time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment