Wednesday, June 26, 2013

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 11 Text 51
arjuna uvaca
drstvedam manusam rupam
tava saumyam janardana
idanim asmi samvrttah
sa-cetah prakrtim gatah

arjunah uvaca--Arjuna said; drstva--seeing; idam--this; manusam--human; rupam--form; tava--You r; saumyam--very beautiful; janardana--O chastiser of the enemies; idanim--now; asmi--I am; samvrttah--settled; sa-cetah--in my consciousness; prakrtimn--to my own nature; gatah--returned.

TRANSLATION

When Arjuna thus saw Krsna in His original form, he said: O Janardana, seeing this humanlike form, so very beautiful, I am now composed in mind, and I am restored to my original nature.

JOURNAL:

There are strong words from Srila Prabhupada at the end of this purport; The original verses of Bhagavad-gita are as clear as the sun; they do not require lamplight from foolish commentators.

No comments:

Post a Comment