Monday, July 15, 2013

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 10 Text 15
svayam evatmanatmanam
vettha tvam purusottama
bhuta-bhavana bhutesa
deva-deva jagat-pate

svayam--personally; eva--certainly; atmana--by Yourself; atmanam--Yourself; vettha--k now; tvam--You; purusa-uttama--O greatest of all persons; bhuta-bhavana--O origin of everything; bhuta-isa--O Lord of everything; deva-deva--O Lord of all demigods; jagat-pate--O Lord of the entire universe.

TRANSLATION

Indeed, You alone know Yourself by Your own internal potency, O Supreme Person, origin of all, Lord of all beings, God of gods, Lord of the universe!

JOURNAL:

Srila Prabhupada states in his purport; The Supreme Truth is realized in three aspects: as impersonal Brahman, localized Paramatma and at last as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. While chanting japa I like to use this progression. I first try to "see" Krishna in what is around me. Then to feel Him within me. If I am successful I begin feel His love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment