Thursday, July 25, 2013

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 10 Text 21
adityanam aham visnur
jyotisam ravir amsuman
maricir marutam asmi
naksatranam aham sasi

adityanam--of the Adityas; aham--I am; visnuh--the Supreme Lord; jyotisam--of all luminaries; ravih--the sun; amsu-man--radiant; maricih--Marici; marutam--of the Maruts; asmi--I am; naksatranam--of the stars; aham--I am; sasi--the moon.

TRANSLATION

Of the Adityas I am Visnu, of lights I am the radiant sun, of the Maruts I am Marici, and among the stars I am the moon.

JOURNAL:

There are some statements in Srila Prabhupada's purport that contradict the findings of modern science. These kinds of things have never really bothered me much. I feel one should take a philosophy as a whole and keep in mind that philosophy and science do not have to agree for each to be "true". This kind of thing happens in all religions as far as I know. As an example, in Christianity we find giants and talking donkeys appearing in the Old Testament, which means they appear in the Jewish faith also. So, try not to let a small thing like the moon being called a star bother you. It does not affect the results you will gain by chanting Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare!

No comments:

Post a Comment