Thursday, August 1, 2013

SLOKA OF THE DAY

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 10 Text 23
rudranam sankaras casmi
vitteso yaksa-raksasam
vasunam pavakas casmi
meruh sikharinam aham

rudranam--of all the Rudras; sankarah--Lord Siva; ca--also; asmi--I am; vitta-isah--the lord of the treasury of the demigods; yaksa-raksasam--of the Yaksas and Raksasas; vasunam--of the Vasus; pavakah--fire; ca--also; asmi--I am; meruh--Meru; sikharinam--of all mountains; aham--I am.

TRANSLATION

Of all the Rudras I am Lord Siva, of the Yaksas and Raksasas I am the Lord of wealth [Kuvera], of the Vasus I am fire [Agni], and of mountains I am Meru.

JOURNAL:

Srila Prabhupada, in his purport, describes Lord Shiva this way; There are eleven Rudras, of whom Sankara, Lord Siva, is predominant. He is the incarnation of the Supreme Lord in charge of the mode of ignorance in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment