Monday, August 5, 2013

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 10 Text 25
maharsinam bhrgur aham
giram asmy ekam aksaram
yajnanam japa-yajno 'smi
sthavaranam himalayah.

maha-rsinam--among the great sages; bhrguh--Bhrghu; aham--I am; giram--of vibrations; asmi--I am; ekam aksaram--pranava; yajnanam--of sacrifices; japa-yajnah--chanting; asmi--I am; sthavaranam--of immovable things; himalayah--the Himalayan mountains.


TRANSLATION

Of the great sages I am Bhrgu; of vibrations I am the transcendental om. Of sacrifices I am the chanting of the holy names [japa], and of immovable things I am the Himalayas.

JOURNAL:

Srila Prabhupada writes in his purport; Of all the transcendental vibrations, the om (omkara) represents Krsna. Of all sacrifices, the chanting of Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare is the purest representation of Krsna.

No comments:

Post a Comment