Tuesday, May 10, 2011

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 12 Text 15

yasman nodvijate loko
lokan nodvijate ca yah
harsamarsa-bhayodvegair
mukto yah sa ca me priyah

yasmat--from whom; na--never; udvijate--are agitated; lokah--people; lokat--from people; na--never; udvijate--is disturbed; ca--also; yah--anyone who; harsa--from happiness; amarsa--distress; bhaya--fear; udvegaih--and anxiety; muktah--freed; yah--who; sah--anyone; ca--also; me--to Me; priyah--very dear.

TRANSLATION

He for whom no one is put into difficulty and who is not disturbed by anyone, who is equipoised in happiness and distress, fear and anxiety, is very dear to Me.

JOURNAL:

As I chant my japa, as the rounds increase, I begin to have that sense of not wanting to stop. To keep on going and going, flowing in the river of the Holy Names, until I reach the lotus feet of Sri Damodara.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare!

No comments:

Post a Comment