Friday, January 20, 2012

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 18 Text 58

mac-cittah sarva-durgani
mat-prasadat tarisyasi
atha cet tvam ahankaran
na srosyasi vinanksyasi hi

mat--of Me; cittah--being in consciousness; sarva--all; durgani--impediments; mat-prasadat--by My mercy; tarisyasi--you will overcome; atha--but; cet--if; tvam--you; ahankarat--by false ego; na srosyasi--do not hear; vinanksyasi--you will be lost.

TRANSLATION

If you become conscious of Me, you will pass over all the obstacles of conditioned life by My grace. If, however, you do not work in such consciousness but act through false ego, not hearing Me, you will be lost.

JOURNAL:

". . . by My grace.": These are the words that jump out at me in this sloka. All my life I was told that grace was necessary for salvation.

The other day I heard a saying that I believe applies to "grace"; Do not act so that you can see God, act so that God wants to see you

No comments:

Post a Comment