Saturday, January 21, 2012


Nara-Narayana Rishi Humbles Cupid by Dirgha Dasi


SLOKA OF THE WEEK:

Mukunda-mālā-stotra 22

O Cupid, abandon your residence in my mind, which is now the home of Lord Mukunda's lotus feet. You have already been incinerated by Lord Śiva's fiery glance, so why have you forgotten the power of Lord Murāri's disc?

JOURNAL:

How do you fall out of love?

I have been separated from my wife, who I married in 1994, for over a year now. Yet, I'm still in love with her. I know she is no good for me; she drinks, she teases me about my faith while having none of her own, and she thinks that steak is the best form of food given to man. Yet still, I seem to be in love with her.

I have been visiting the family once a week. In the future I think I need to ask my son to come to my place instead. At least then I won't be reminded each week of what I use to be or how easy it was for her to write me off.

Later

That last bit was mean on my part. I must strive more for the retired life and the attitude that is cultivated with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment