Thursday, March 15, 2012

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 1 Text 21-22

arjuna uvaca
senayor ubhayor madhye
ratham sthapaya me 'cyuta
yavad etan nirikse'ham
yoddhu-kaman avasthitan

kair maya saha yoddhavyam
asmin rana-samudyame

arjunah uvaca--Arjuna said; senayoh--of the armies; ubhayoh--both; madhye--between; ratham--the chariot; sthapaya--please keep; me--my; acyuta--O infallibleone; yavat--as long as; etan--all these; nirikse--may look upon; aham--I; yoddhu-kaman--desiring to fight; avasthitan--arrayed on the battlefield;kaih--with whom; maya--by me; saha--together; yoddhavyam--have to fight; asmin--in this; rana--strife; samudyame--in the attempt.

TRANSLATION

Arjuna said: O infallible one, please draw my chariot between the two armies so that I may see those present here, who desire to fight, and with whom I must contend in this great trial of arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment