Tuesday, June 19, 2012

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 2 Text 49

durena hy avaram karma
buddhi-yogad dhananjaya
buddhau saranam anviccha
krpanah phala-hetavah


durena--discard it at a long distance; hi--certainly; avaram--abominable; karma--activity; buddhi-yogat--on the strength of Krsna consciousness; dhananjaya--O conqueror of wealth; buddhau--in such consciousness; saranam--full surrender; anviccha--try for; krpanah--misers; phala-hetavah--those desiring fruitive results.

TRANSLATION

O Dhananjaya, keep all abominable activities far distant by devotional service, and in that consciousness surrender unto the Lord. Those who want to enjoy the fruits of their work are misers.

JOURNAL:

I used to drink alcohol on a regular basis. As I began to take my devotional life more seriously I found it hard to stop drinking. So I began attending Alcoholics Anonymous and, when the cravings came, chanting the maha-mantra. This is when I learned to cry to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment