Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 2 Text 65

prasade sarva-duhkhanam
hanir asyopajayate
prasanna-cetaso hy asu
buddhih paryavatisthate

prasade--on achievement of the causeless mercy of the Lord; sarva--of all; duhkhanam--material miseries; hanih--destruction; asya--his; upajayate--takes place; prasanna-cetasah--of the happy-minded; hi--certainly; asu--very soon; buddhih--intelligence; pari--sufficiently; avatisthate--becomes established.

TRANSLATION

For one thus satisfied [in Krsna consciousness], the threefold miseries of material existence exist no longer; in such satisfied consciousness, one's intelligence is soon well established.

JOURNAL:

Two days ago I was run off the road while riding my bike. Now my left knee is swollen up and I walk with a limp. The driver of the car never stopped. I didn't think of Krishna as I fell. I didn't think of anything. It is a painful reminder that I am a long way from being ready for death. The only up side to this is that I am forced to stay at home and so have plenty of time to practice my japa.

No comments:

Post a Comment