Wednesday, April 17, 2013

SLOKA OF THE DAY:

Bhagavad Gita As It Is -
Chapter 11 Text 29
yatha pradiptam jvalanam patanga
visanti nasaya samrddha-vegah
tathaiva nasaya visanti lokas
tavapi vaktrani samrddha-vegah

yatha--as; pradiptam--blazing; jyalanam--a fire; patangah--moths; visanti--enter; nasaya--for destruction; samrddha--with full; vegah--speed; tatha eva--similarly; nasaya--for destruction; visanti--are entering; lokah--all people; tava--Your; api--also; vaktrani--mouths; samrddha-vegah--with full speed.

TRANSLATION

I see all people rushing full speed into Your mouths, as moths dash to destruction in a blazing fire.

JOURNAL:

I have a new job that runs twelve hour shifts and I will be working the graveyard. This changes my japa time (not to mention the rest of my life). I like chanting my rounds in the quiet of the early morning hours but now I must chant them in the middle of the afternoon. In today's sloka Srila Prabhupada reminds me what is important; death is coming, chant while I can, so I will be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment